iOS and Android: tap on the translucent Search Timeline field at the top of your Timeline.
Windows Phone 8: tap the menu icon in the bottom right, then tap Search Moments.
Different personalized search suggestions pop up every time you tap the search bar, such as “Photos from the ski hill,” or “Listening to music on the weekend.” Other search queries are categorized by friends, places, dates and holidays, seasons and weather, locations, birthdays, moments, and emotions.
- Names (first name, full name, me)
- Places (place names, categories, cities, province, countries, tags)
- Moments (music, photos, videos, thoughts, runs, nike/workout, place, movie, book sleep)
- Weather (sunny, snowy, hot, cold)
- Seasons (winter, spring, summer, autumn)
- Time (morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night)
- Emotion (happy, laugh, surprise, sad, love, best)
- Birthday (birthday)
- Holiday (christmas, new years, hanukkah, halloween, thanksgiving, independence day, groundhog day, valentines day, mothers day, fathers day, st patrick day, labor day (US locale only)
- my sunny san francisco
- winter in New York
- 5 months ago
- my first photo with Stacey
- weekend books
- funny photos with Alex
- ‘My’ is a great way to search for moments you have posted or have been tagged in
- Multiple people get treated as ‘or’; for example, ‘Bob Bruce Ben summer photos’ will return moments from the summer of Bob or Bruce or Ben
- Avoid punctuation; instead of ‘John’s birthday’, search ‘john birthday’
- You can search for emotions by using emoticons; ex. :), :D, :o, :(, <3
- Try singular words if plural doesn’t work; ex. bar vs. bars